The Reserve Bank of India has announced that it will soon issue new banknotes of Rs 20 denomination in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series, bearing the signature of the central bank’s governor Shaktikanta Das.
“The Rs 20 note will be greenish-yellow in colour. The new banknote has a motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage,” a statement by the RBI said. The apex bank also clarified that all the banknotes in the denomination issued in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
Shivakant Bajpai, Superintendent, Aurangabad ASI Circle expressed happiness, he said Being an Aurangabadkar happy to see our World Heritage Site Ellora on new Rs 20 note issued by RBI. Congratulations to all Aurangabadkar and Heritage lovers.
New Rs 20 note: Here are all the details
1. See through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत ‘, ‘INDIA’ and ’20’
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. Motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari.
Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm